Creating a Google account is a must these days. There are so many amazing apps and sites from Google that a google account is something nearly everybody has or will have soon. The process is very straight forward, but don´t worry if you need some help with it, this is the right place for you!
Let´s dive into the process of creating a new google account on your Android device. If you have other devices the process won´t be much different.
Good to Know the Basics
It´s always good to cover some basics before entering the process of creating the account, let´s look at some of the main points you should be aware from the start:
- Keep in mind that US citizens have to be at least 13 years old to own an account and at least 18 years old to be able to add a credit card to it. This would be necessary if you intend to buy apps, music, and games from the Play Store or other Google services. This is optional, of course, since most of Google´s services are offered for free, such as Gmail, Google Docs and Google Drive.
- Google Play, Chromebooks, and many of these wonderful services require a Google account. Whether you’re creating a professional account to find job offers or a regular account for entertainment, setting up a Google account is simple and quick.
Quick version for Android Devices:
Creating a Google account only takes a few minutes, for android users you can start opening the Settings and selecting the “Accounts” option.
Tap “Add Accounts” at the bottom of the screen and choose “Google”. This will display a page where you can sign in to an existing account or create a new google account.
Go to “More options” and tap “Create account”. After that, you just need to follow the on-screen instructions by entering your info and completing the process by agreeing to the terms of service.
Step By Step To Set Up A Google Account On Your Android Phone:
- Go to the “Settings” app.
- Scroll down to the “Accounts” option.
- Tap “Add Account”.
- Tap “Google”.
- Tap “Create account”.
- Type in the name associated with the account. It does not need to be a real name but if this is going to be your main google account we strongly advise to use a real name.
- Tap “Next”.
- Enter the birth-date associated with the account.
- We have seen on the “good to know” section above that all account users need to be at least 13 old, some countries even require a higher age for that, for credit card use the account owner must be at least 18 years old.
- Select a gender. If you do not wish to fill your gender information, you can select “decline to state”.
- Tap “Next”
- Type in your desired username. This username will turn into your Gmail address and also used to log into your account. If the desired username is taken, you’ll be redirected to a page where you can find some given suggestions based on the entered name.
- Tap “Next”
- Select and type a new password for your account. This password has to be at least eight characters, it is not required to have a number or special characters.
- Re-type your new password. You’ll be told how strong or weak the password you have selected is.
- Google will ask if you want to add a phone number. This phone number can be used to verify your identity and help log into your account among other things.
- Your core Google Account is now set up, and your username and the length of your password will be shown. Tap Next to exit this screen.
How to set up a Google account on your laptop or desktop:
As we have seen above, setting up a new Google account is not a hard task, it is the same process on your phone or your laptop, but on the computer, it might feel easier since you are going to pass through fewer screens:
- Open your favorite browser and go to Google’s sign up page.
- Enter the username, password, and name you would like to use for your google account.
Your username will become your Gmail address, so keep in mind that this name will need to be written and spelled a lot of times – avoid big or complicated names here.
- Retype your password for confirmation. Trust me, you don’t want to lock yourself out of your new account.
- Click “Next”.
- If your first username choice was taken, the username box will turn red. Enter a different username in the text box or select one of the suggestions below the username box.
- Click Next to enter birth-date and gender. Just as on the phone, remember that Google requires all account users to be at least 13 years old and at least 18 years old for credit card validation and usage. You can enter a phone number and a backup email. These can be used to help verify your identity if you have any trouble with your account.
- Google will display the terms of service, conditions, and privacy policies for your new account. After reading you can click “I agree”.
- Your new Google account is ready and set, you can start sending emails and many more!
- Google’s Pixel line was really expensive for the first few years, but now you can get Google’s vision for Android and the greatest features from Google without breaking the bank.
This was a full step by step on how to create your google account in many ways, if you still have some questions please let us know and we will be happy to help!